[GLLUG] RE: Key bindings.

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 20:36:30 -0400

On Monday 19 May 2003 20:07, after a long battle with technology, Alex
Nelson wrote:
> Brad Fears wrote:

>> I'm running RH 8 with Gnome.  When I hit the Alt key and click a
>> window, I can move the window around the screen.  Is there a way to
>> prevent this, such as a configuration file somewhere with keyboard
>> bindings?
> Sorry. No idea here. Has to do with key bindings and I have not done
> much with those.

In KDE, it's under KDE Control Center->Desktop->Window Behavior->Action
->Inner window, titlebar & frame.  Set the "modifier key" to something
other than Alt, or set the actions to "nothing".  I don't know where
the same config options for GNOME reside, though I think they'd be in a
similar place.

> BTW: Good to see you back on the list Brad. Hope you are feeling
> better!

AOL!  Well, look on the bright side... if there was any permanent damage
to your head, they have a much higher chance of giving you an important
government job :-)

--
   You have me mixed up with more creative ways of being stupid.
   --MegaHAL, trained on random gibberish