[GLLUG] RE: Key bindings.

Brad Fears brad@mtsdev.com
19 May 2003 21:47:13 -0400

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 20:36, Matt Graham wrote:
> On Monday 19 May 2003 20:07, after a long battle with technology, Alex
> Nelson wrote:
> > Brad Fears wrote:
>
> >> I'm running RH 8 with Gnome.  When I hit the Alt key and click a
> >> window, I can move the window around the screen.  Is there a way to
> >> prevent this, such as a configuration file somewhere with keyboard
> >> bindings?
> > Sorry. No idea here. Has to do with key bindings and I have not done
> > much with those.
>
> In KDE, it's under KDE Control Center->Desktop->Window Behavior->Action
> ->Inner window, titlebar & frame.  Set the "modifier key" to something
> other than Alt, or set the actions to "nothing".  I don't know where
> the same config options for GNOME reside, though I think they'd be in a
> similar place.
>
> > BTW: Good to see you back on the list Brad. Hope you are feeling
> > better!

Thanks.  It's nice to be off the Vicodin and back on planet Earth again.
:)

It would appear that Metacity provides no way to change the modifier
key.  I found a reference to this issue in the developer mailing lists,
but the feature was slated for future implementation.  Oh well.

Is there an easy way to switch from Metacity back to Sawfish, or will
that cause more trouble than it's worth?

--Brad Fears