[GLLUG] RE: Key bindings.

Jeremy Bowers jerf@jerf.org
Tue, 20 May 2003 17:58:13 -0500

Brad Fears wrote:
> Is there an easy way to switch from Metacity back to Sawfish, or will
> that cause more trouble than it's worth?

I don't know if Redhat 8 fixed this somewhere because it turns out I'm
skipping that release, but my experience with Gnome 2 is that it really
doesn't like using anything other then Metacity; even if you tell it to
use a different WM, even if you set it directly with gconf it kept going
back to Metacity.

So I made /usr/bin/metacity a symlink to sawfish (on three different
computers to date), and everything is working just fine.

You should of course try any "normal" methods you can find, but don't be
surprised if you have to get this drastic.