[GLLUG] Proxying https in IPcop

Mark Tarquini mark@iametarq.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:08:34 -0400

Someone mentioned that the reason secure sites will not load on my mini network
i've created with IPcop is because i haven't proxy-ed the secure sites.  How do
I enable the proxy for https sites?  All sites that don't have a login of some
sort on them will display.

but if i try to go to hotmail, yahoo mail, my isp's email, or any other site
that requires an authentication of some sort i receive the following error when
i let it sit and try to authenticate (or load the page w/ the login boxes):

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed
The system returned:

    (110) Connection timed out
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is root.

Generated Wed, 21 May 2003 21:07:14 GMT by ipcop (Squid/2.4.STABLE6)

Does it have something to do with the cache setting, too?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Tarquini
--
"And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -
Friedrich Nietzsche

mark@iametarq.com
  www.iametarq.com