[GLLUG] linuxant drivers - was dwl-120 (wi-fi)

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Tue Nov 11 15:36:30 EST 2003

> For those of you that haven't heard, www.linuxant.com offers a program
> called driverloader which lets you use many unsupported wireless
> chipsets with their respective windows driver under Linux.  I'm using
> this with my Broadcomm 54g card, and it also has support for Intel's
> Centrino cards.  It works well until 2.4.22 and the 2.4.23 test kernels,

What do you mean by the last line "... works well _until_ 2.4.22 ..."?
"UNTIL"?  Are you saying it doesn't work well with 2.4.22 & 2.4.23?

BTW, I tried it on my Toshiba Centrino laptop and couldn't make it work.
It locked up the entire PC.  But I see there is a new version out now,
and I've since upgraded from Redhat 9 to Fedora, so I might try again.

 - BS