[GLLUG] OT: Area volunteering

Mike Reed mike at mreed.org
Wed Nov 12 19:54:04 EST 2003

  I'm thinking about doing a bit of volunteer work in the
area and hoped to tap the collective for thoughts.
Ideally, I'd find something for a couple of hours, once
or twice a week.

  My ideas so far:
  -- Entry/mid-level freebie community computer classes
where I could lend a hand.
  -- Working with donated parts to refurb and donate
computers.
  -- Insert additional ideas here

  I'd like to help out with something where people would
get some actual benefit -- not just a "make your own
webpage complete with BLINK tags and animated GIFs"
situation.  Added bonus if my computer-savvy but
non-geek wife could help out too.

  I'm open to ideas, so if people have other
thought/possibilities, please don't limit the comments
to these areas.  What's out there?  What have you done?

  Mike Reed