[GLLUG] OT: Area volunteering

Eric Miller ejmiller at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 22:12:06 EST 2003

>   I'm thinking about doing a bit of volunteer work in the
> area and hoped to tap the collective for thoughts.
> Ideally, I'd find something for a couple of hours, once
> or twice a week.

I've heard that Closing The Digital Gap is a great program.

http://www.ctdg.org/indexmain.shtml

CTDG Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide low-income residents of the service area the
opportunity to earn a computer, receive basic computer and Internet training
and access, and assist them in making connections with community resources
for further training that may lead to employment and/or educational
enrichment for participants and their families.