[GLLUG] nfs via laplink+pppd

Wald computech at ispwest.com
Sat Nov 15 09:29:37 EST 2003

Hello,

Thanks Jeremy Bowers for the response regarding the dwl-120, I will
try the connexant drivers in a near future.

I have downloaded the Knoppix (which sounds like a viable and
compact distro), there are some that can be store in a MINICD
(which is quite impressive to having an self-contained and complete
linux distro in a single MINICD). But the point is that I am trying
to install the Knoppix in my notebook (which happens to don't
have any mass media store with exception of the hda). So,
I was think of using a minidistro (one which fits in a floppy disk)
to establish a connection via pppd over a nullmodem cable and
afterwards to establish and configure a connection with the server
(nfsd - my desktop) in order share the cdrom unit (as it seems, I don't
have a nic interface in my notebook). I have plenty of experience
in establishing pppd based on a nullmodem cable and tunneling the
nfs over it; but I don't know of any minidistro which eventually could
serve such purpose.

Pedro Wald

---
On Reiserfs we trust
There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see.

GNU/Linux Registered User #  223296
ICQ UIN: 14372714
Mobile:
url: http://members.ispwest.com/wald