[GLLUG] Re: Old Computer

Jolyon Michael Vincent vincen21 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 18 21:35:03 EST 2003

Jennifer writes:

> Contact these people, I'm sure they could use the parts, at least:
>
> http://www.ctdg.org/indexmain.shtml
>
> Michael Watters wrote:
>> Speaking of old computers, anybody know a good place to get rid of old
>> PCs?  I have a Pentium II 300 system that I'd like to get rid of, it's
>> just collecting dust right now.

P II? 300Mhz? thats faster than the 486Dx2-66mhz I was thinking of running
as a proxy server! I kind of collect old hardware. I think that every
megabyte of disk space is useable once put online. I'd be interested in
hearing more about this particular system, and also
(if you are on the list and reading this) I have two DEC-style VAX
mainframes that I think I would like to get rid of. I have several 386 and
286 boards that I could stand to part with as well. As far as the DEC's are
concerned, I think I have a floppy drive for one of them. I have never
learned how to get them to work, and they are too heavy for me to move out
of the attic on my own.