[GLLUG] [IPCop-user] running ftp server with IPcop

Jeff Lawton jeff at idealso.com
Tue Nov 18 20:02:04 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 10:52, Mark Tarquini wrote:
> I am running IPcop with the latest updates.
>
> Somehow I have enabled in IPcop to not allow pinging or any contact with
> my network from the outside world.
>
> I have an ftp server setup.  I can get to it from 127.0.0.1 and from any
> computer inside my network but not from the outside.
>
> What do i need to enable in IPcop to allow incoming connections?  I have
> already enabled Port Forwarding, but my ISP said that he cannot see any
> open ports, nor can he even ping our IP address. =(
>
> thanks in advance. =)

It sound like you are using the orange interface (DMZ) or red (WAN)
which does not allow icmp (ping, traceroute). unplug the ethernet
connectors swap them. it sound like you have them backwards you should
be able to reach the admin interface by going to the address that you
setup in the configuration http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:81 it requires the
port specification.

good luck,
--