[GLLUG] Re: Shared Email Accounts

imetis at imetis.com imetis at imetis.com
Wed Oct 1 12:25:15 EDT 2003

>On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Jeff Vanderlaan wrote:
>
> > I have a two person Help Desk team that are both responsible for
> > checking an email account.  Is IMAP the best solution so both can
see
> > what email has been read and responded to?

This may not be a very robust solution, but I have gone completely to web based mail clients. There are several that are freely available. Rather than having them each pull a copy to their local client, have them both work out of the same mailbox on the server, through web interfaces. I may be missing something, but this seems a simple and effective alternative.

-- Andy