[GLLUG] fooling mozilla about mime-types

Tom Rockwell rockwell at pa.msu.edu
Tue Sep 2 19:08:25 EDT 2003

Hi,

I normally browse with Mozilla, but perhaps this applies to other
browsers as well.

Often times I want to view a file which is known to be plain text, but
has either an extension or mime-type (not sure which or both...) that
causes Mozilla to think that it can't be displayed.  For instance, a web
servers sometimes send shell scripts out with mime-types such as
"application/x-csh".  I just want to see the text in Mozilla, but it
throws up the download dialog.  Anybody know of a way to get the Mozilla
to just display it?

Thanks,
Tom Rockwell