[GLLUG] OT: Forsale Compaq Armada 4131T P133 laptop + many accessories

Scott Wood treii28 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 16:22:00 EDT 2003

OK, time to get rid of one of the old beasts.

Compaq Armada 4131T laptop system with MANY accessories.

Base system is a Pentium 133MHz laptop with a touch-pad mouse, standard ports
include svga video, analog video, serial/parallel and external mouse or
keyboard.  Internal floppy drive can be replaced with an optional battery (not
included).  This one has an adjustable 'handle' battery that also rotates down
to serve as a rest to elevate the back of the unit.
(see
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/user_reference_guides/228988-003_rev3_us.pdf
for full details on this model)

I have added everything but the available track ball.  The stuff I
added/replaced includes:

 - 20 gig hard drive (partitioned currently with linux mandrake 9.1, win98 and
win2k - buyer is responsible for licensing)
 - 64M ram (brings total from 16M to 80M)
 - CD Dock (there were two, I believe this is the standard 8 speed version -
there was another 20 speed version - I haven't tested the speed to know)
 - Ethernet dock - includes a RJ 10baseT and a BNC connector - drivers
available for win95/98 (not sure on others)
 - extra keyboard (I replaced it as the old one was having intermittent
problems - the buy is welcome to this one as spare parts)

I did some searching on ebay to find pricing on this model and found a number
of them with basic accessories. (but none with all that I have listed here)
The average price of 'sold' auctions with the 1.4gig OEM drive and up to 32M of
memory was about $155.  Most systems also included a basic ethernet PCMCIA card
($15 on ebay).  Since there is some question if the net expansion base will
work well with linux or newer versions of windows, I will also include a
linksys 10/100 pcmcia net card with built in 56K modem (I believe the firmware
is upgradeable to v.90)  I will also toss in an external mouse (laptop version
of microsoft wheel mouse) and keyboard

Based on pricing for the additional accessories in seperate ebay auctions -
including the larger drive, larger memory, CD base, Ethernet base, extra
keyboard, lan/modem pcmcia card, external keyboard and mouse - I am asking:

 $300 or best reasonable offer

To sweeten the pot, anyone who buys for my asking price will also get a leather
laptop bag that also came with the system.  I must sell this by the end of the
week as someone backed out of buying my motorcycle and the rent is coming due
so if it is not sold by the 7th, it will no longer be for sale.

Somewhere in my storage I have additional items that I am not including in the
sale at this time.  If the buyer gives me contact information, they are welcome
to those materials as well at no extra cost as I come across them.  They
include the original 32meg memory modules that came with the system when I
bought it, the 1.4 gig oem drive and a non-functional 20x CD base that I bought
of ebay 'as is' that might come in handy for parts.

Contact Scott at Treii28 at yahoo.com or 734-546-1340

Will deliver free within 30 minutes of Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti for serious buyers.