[GLLUG] Port forwarding

troettger at comcast.net troettger at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 18:37:43 EDT 2003

Is their a way I can forward port 5900 on my eth0 interface to port 21 or 81 on
the same interface?  I haven't played around with iproutes a whole lot but I am
trying to get tightvnc to work through my firewall on my corporate LAN at work.
 I have a server running apache and tightvnc server, amoungst othter things, and
have setup a webpage that will load tightvnc java onto the client machine
visiting the page and then let them use tight vnc through the browser to my kde
desktop.  Problem is my corporate lan blocks all ports but 443, 21, 23, 80, and
81.

If anyone may have an alternate way of doing this I would appreciate a quick
rundown.   My work pc is a WinXP machine.

Thanks