[GLLUG] Port forwarding

Melson, Paul PMelson at sequoianet.com
Fri Sep 5 18:11:46 EDT 2003

I would second this suggestion.  I'm running TightVNC on my WinXP box at home and often access it remotely using SSH port-forwarding.  It's reasonable across my AT&T/Comcast cable modem, though I use a lower color depth (256) than the actual display.  I've also found that the client makes a difference.  Running OpenSSH from within Cygwin gives me terrible performance, PuTTY is only slightly better, and SecureCRT is the best.

PaulM