[GLLUG] Installing Pure-ftpd with Virtual user support

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 5 16:42:34 EDT 2004

I did add a user, but when I try to ftp to the server, that user can't get
in.

I think it is because pure-ftpd is not compiled with virtual users support.
I have edited the config file to tell it to use the virtual user database (I
think the command is '-l puredb:/etc/puredb.db'.

I guess I should have stated the question "How do you compile pure-ftpd with
virtual user support on gentoo if I'm using emerge to install?".

If I download the source code and compile it manually, I can follow the
install instructions, but I like using gentoo.

Thanks