[GLLUG] Installing Pure-ftpd with Virtual user support

Melson, Paul PMelson at sequoianet.com
Mon Apr 5 17:03:49 EDT 2004

Hrm.  Does pure-ftpd complain about the AUTH directive?  Do you see
anything in the syslog/klog messages when pure-ftpd starts that gives
you the impression it doesn't have support for virtual users compiled
in?

I've got a Gentoo box running pure-ftpd 1.17.  I'm sure I emerged the
install, and I can set up virtual users with no problem.  Did you run
`pure-pw mkdb` and HUP pure-ftpd after adding virtual users?

PaulM