[GLLUG] Alternate FTP programs?

dpk dpk at egr.msu.edu
Wed Aug 11 17:05:39 EDT 2004

Impact wrote:
> Anyone know of any alternate FTP servers for linux?
> All it needs to be is stable/easy to config.
> Been using ProFTPd, anyone know of anything better I should look into?

Most Debian mirrors have switched to vsftpd:

[dpk at trinity:~] apt-cache show vsftpd | egrep "^(Description| )"
  A lightweight, efficient FTP server written from the ground up with
  security in mind.
  .
  vsftpd supports both anonymous and non-anonymous FTP, PAM authentication,
  bandwidth limiting, and the Linux sendfile() facility.

dpk