[GLLUG] Python Lists

Ashton Shortridge ashton at msu.edu
Mon Aug 16 14:04:21 EDT 2004

Thanks to the various replies. Consensus was that dictionaries were the data
structure to go with; the use of keys is clearly preferable to simply using
the index position. A list of dictionary structures has gotten me to the next
step in the process - I appreciate the advice!

For those looking for more polished bibligraphy software, Pybibliographer
looks pretty interesting. As you might guess, I am implementing this as a
learning exercise more than for a fully functional program, but
Pybibliographer appears to offer lots of power for anyone on the list looking
for a good bib software package.

Thanks again!

Ashton

--
Ashton Shortridge
Assistant Professor			ashton at msu.edu
Dept of Geography			http://www.msu.edu/~ashton
Michigan State University		(517) 432-3561