[GLLUG] 3 websites, 1 IPaddress + backup server

Hampton, Rodney rodney.hampton at jnli.com
Mon Feb 2 11:17:21 EST 2004

Agree with you Rich.  You _can_ cheat if you have 2 ip addresses.  In
theory, you should have the authoritative primary and secondary DNS servers
for your domain on different networks.  In practice you merely need to have
2 unique ip addresses and I've even run both ip addresses off the same box
(though this is a really risky practice).  So you don't really need someone
else to host the secondary authoritative DNS.

Rodney Hampton