[GLLUG] msu dns servers

dpk dpk at egr.msu.edu
Tue Feb 3 08:32:38 EST 2004

Clay Dowling wrote:
> Jeff Lawton said:
>
>>It appears the MSU's DNS servers are slow to update. anyone tying to
>>connect to the GLLUG website are being directed to the wrong server. it
>>has been over a week. since the change.
>>
>>If anyone is having a problem getting to the GLLUG website you can
>>temporarily add an entry to your host file with the address
>>207.179.98.220 until MSU's name servers update.
>

> The MSU hostmaster keeps those machines in fantastic shape.  You can be
> assured that as soon as the TTL has expired for your domain, your domain
> should be updated on their servers.  There are a couple of things to
> check.

[snip]

Actually, the MSU DNS servers think they are authoritive for gllug.org.
  I believe MSU hosted the domain for some time... it appears the
nameservers for gllug.org have changed, but hostmaster at msu.edu was not
notified to remove them from their servers; hence, they are providing
old/stale records.

dpk