[GLLUG] MySql: Database inside of a Database

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed Feb 11 16:47:46 EST 2004

Seth Bembeneck said:
> Is it possible to have a database inside of a database?
>
> Or maybe some one can offer a better solution:

A better idea would be to design the database to represent the fact that
it will have multiple users.  Create a foreign key on each table in the
database that corresponds to the user.  This is much more practical and
maintainable than a separate database for each user.  Contact me off list
if you need some help designing it.

Clay

--
Lazarus Notes from Lazarus Internet Development
http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/