[GLLUG] Debian Video/Screen Problem (i'm sure it'll be a simple fix)

Mark Tarquini mark at iametarq.com
Sat Jan 3 11:00:28 EST 2004

I have posted the log files and the XF86Config file(s) at the following location:

http://www.iametarq.com/debian/

I'll also add the following note to my confusion...The log file says that it is
using the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 for my video settings etc...but there is
also a "XF86Config" in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ and *that* XF86Config file actually
has the correct labelling and names of all my video devices (as you'll see in
the files).  I'm rather confused on what linux is doing here.

Thanks for all the help!

Oh, I might add that it was suggested to me that i run apt-get to update
everything using unstable verions instead of the stable CD versions I used,
because they were a bit outdated...but even while it did that it said video
might not be working at random points.

-Mark