[GLLUG] Debian Video/Screen Problem (i'm sure it'll be a simple fix)

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Jan 2 18:27:02 EST 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 17:14, after a long battle with technology,
Mark Tarquini wrote:
> I installed Debian today.  However, X will not start at all.  It is
> telling me that "Screen(s) found, but none have a usable
> configuration."  after that it says, "X connection to :0.0 broken
> (explicit kill or server shutdown)".
>
> My monitor is a Dell P780 and the XF86Config file has my monitor
> labelled properly, etc.  It shows my correct video card listed, ATI
> Radeon 32MB.

Put your XF86Config file and your /var/log/XFree*.log file(s) on your
webspace somewhere, then send the URL to the mailing list, and I'll
take a look and see what I can find.

--
  Observe the haggis carefully for at least one minute.  If you see any
  movement, take out your revolver and shoot the haggis until it stops