[GLLUG] modprobe for sound - debian

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sat Jan 3 16:53:24 EST 2004

On Saturday 03 January 2004 16:01, after a long battle with technology,
Mark Tarquini wrote:
> 02:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24
[snip]
>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
> where should I go from here to take me to where the music will play?

"modprobe cs46xx" should do it.  Put that command in whatever Debian
uses for its local boot script; this is usually /etc/init.d/local or
/etc/init.d/boot.local , but it may not exist at all in Debian.  No
problem, create one like so:

#!/bin/sh
modprobe cs46xx
# end of /etc/init.d/local

...make it executable, then create "S99local" symlinks to the script
you've made from the runlevel directories under /etc/rcN.d/ .

--
   Sturgeon's Law:  90% of everything is crud.
   MG's Extension:  The other 10% is included in "everything," and it's