[GLLUG] modprobe for sound - debian

Mark Tarquini mark at iametarq.com
Sat Jan 3 17:39:16 EST 2004

I get the following:

modprobe: Can't locate module cs46xx

where do i get this now?  Am I going to have to recompile a kernel or something? =(

I did create the local file in /etc/init.d/ and made it executable.  ( i did
that anyway because i figure i'll find this missing modual sooner or later...)

but this part i do not understand:

> ...make it executable, then create "S99local" symlinks to the script
> you've made from the runlevel directories under /etc/rcN.d/ .

I am lacking a folder called "rcN.d" under /etc/

thanks. =)

-Mark