[GLLUG] suse installation

Brian Craft javaman67 at acd.net
Tue Jan 13 05:13:46 EST 2004

Seth Seger wrote:
> I'm very much a linux newbie.  I just installed suse and can't get my
> modem or my graphics card to work properly.  It detected my modem but it
> won't dial; I know it's not my modem cause I can dial when I'm using
> Windows.  It didn't detected my Radeon 9200 at all.  Can anyone help?
> It would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

> <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/mail_footer_email/evt=21482/*http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus>

In SuSE 9.0 Pro, the ltmodem package is included and SuSE did detect the
Lucent Chipset Winmodem in one of my systems.  It works fine.  If after
the install of SuSE it isn't recognized, then go into YAST / Network
Devices / Modem /   and configure the modem from there.   The ltmodem
package is on the 4th CD or on the DVD in SuSE 9.0 and you may be
prompted for it during the modem configuration, if it wasn't setup
during install.

Other than that, I agree with aSe that http://www.linmodems.org is the
place to go.  I've used that site for the last couple of years for
multiple laptops running RedHat or Mandrake Linux distro's.

--

Brian Craft

Yahoo Instant Messenger ID: bcraft67
AIM: linuxman67