[GLLUG] early spring cleaning

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Thu Jan 15 23:49:24 EST 2004

I was going through some piles of stuff recently and made the decision
to get rid of some of it. The following items are free to whoever would
like them. There are no 21" monitors, though. :P Most of its probably
well under $5. This stuff is either going back on the shelf, or more
likely, in the dumpster if nobody claims it. Oh, and everything listed
here should work. I don't have the time to list all the part, model, and
other numbers so if you're interested, just send an email. If there's
anything you want, I'll hold onto it until the next meeting or we can
work out a way to meet.

Hardware:

- Logitech Scanman handheld scanner ISA controller board. No idea where
the scanner itself went.

- 9 sticks of 1MB 30-pin SIMMS, various manufacturers, speeds

- Avatar Shark external removable disk drive (basically same thing as a
zip drive). Connects to the parallel port and comes with two 250MB
disks. Power supply not included. I remember getting this to work in
Linux with the PARIDE driver, but it was verrrry sloooow...

- LiteOn AC adapter. Input: 120VAC 60Hz, Output: 19VDC, 3.2A. Used to
power my old (deceased) laptop. The DC end looks like a fairly standard
connector, not a specialized one like on Dells.

- Internal Synaptics touchpad pulled from the aforementioned (deceased)
laptop. This should fit into a variety of laptops.

- Internal 56k Lucent winmodem for a laptop. Dunno how many this fits.

- Miniature 5V heatsink + fan. Quite tiny. Might be good for a project
or something. Since it's hard to describe, you might be able to find a
picture by googling the part number: BP0535SA7-A1

- CH Products Gamecard III Automatic 2-port ISA game gard.

- Unbranded 16-bit ISA I/O card. Good for old AT motherboards which
typically don't include these things. Includes 1 IDE channel, 1 floppy
connector, 2 serial ports, a game port, and a parallel port.

- 14.4k ISA modem

- Canopus Pure3D 6MB Voodoo PCI 3D accelerator. (With passthrough cable
and Win95 driver CD if you so desire.)

All of these mice are PS/2 but I have a few ps/2->serial adapters laying
around for those that support them.

- Packard Bell 2-button Mouse (fairly well worn)

- Kensington wheelmouse. Not sure if it works with X. Like new.

- Micro Innovations 3-button mouse. Ditto and ditto.

- MS 2-button mouse. Like the Intellimice but without a wheel. Like new.

- MS 2-button Basic Mouse. Dirty but in good mechanical condition.

- 5 MS Intellimice with scroll wheel. These are all a little dirty and
worn but could be cleaned up to look and perform quite well. These were
all I used to use until the optical mice starting hitting the market.

- Ratpadz hard plastic mousepad. These were in fashion at LAN parties a
few years back just prior to the introduction of the optical mouse. The
surface is smooth and hard like a plastic cutting board, allowing for
smooth, fast, and accurate mouse movements. This one has never been
used.

Manuals:

- "A Touch of Applesoft BASIC" for the Apple II

- Unisys AP 1327/AP 1329 Manuals (Printer Installation and Operations
Guide and Programming Reference Manual)

- USRobotics 56k x2 faxmodem User's Guide and Reference

- Apple II Utilities Guide (wire binding is beat to heck)

- Tandy 20 Meg[sic] Hard Disk Card Manual

- Star NX-2420 Printer Manual with card thingy that lays over the
buttons and shows additional functions

- Packard Bell MS-DOS 5.0 User's Guide and Reference

- Packard Bell Windows 3.0 User's Guide

- Packard Bell 386SX-II User's Manual. Slogan printed on the front:
"American grew up listening to us. It still does." ?!?! Well thank god
they can't be heard any more.

Computer Books:

- Learn Java Now by Stephen R. Davis (circa 1996)

Misc:

- Motorola bag phone. Might be good for emergencies or something.

That's it! Please excuse the general off-topicness.

Charles Ulrich
--
http://bityard.net