[GLLUG] Linux

Mike Bhaumik BhaumikM at michigan.gov
Mon Jan 26 08:32:29 EST 2004

Hello

Can anybody tell me how to connect to the internet from Linux (using
Comcast broadband connection thru cable), please .
I'm connected thru the cable modem. I can ping the proxy server and the
DNS serevrs.

The address of the proxy server was provided to me by a Comcast tech
but he can't help further as Comcast does not support Linux.

I got the DNS server addresses after I ran dhclient.

I configured my browser (Mozilla and Opera) to use the proxy address.
But when I try to visit some page it just says something like 'SAS
server restricted page'.

Appreciate any help. Regards