[GLLUG] Re: Linux

Scott Henry Harrison harris41 at msu.edu
Mon Jan 26 11:34:09 EST 2004

As a tangent to the thread (not directly related to cable
modems), I have found the same need for a windows box with
respect to SBC Yahoo DSL, even during one of their upgrades.  In other
words, standard linux utilities (in my case rp-pppoe) do not
fare so well initializing and configuring connections to
some commercial high-bandwidth services.  After
initializing and registering, everything was easy.