[GLLUG] BSD Distro First-Try Recommendations

Brian Hoort hoortbri at msu.edu
Wed Jul 7 10:59:20 EDT 2004

Greetings Venerable GLLUG Members,

Being frustrated with some GNU/Linux distros, I'm considering trying a BSD
varient.  I'm mainly concerned with stability and ease through updates.  Do
the BSD distros provide a APT/up2date style update mechanism, and which
variety would be recommended for a first timer with no experience there?

I'm aware this is a little off-topic for a linux group.  Yet many of you
drive both, hence your advice should be more relevant to me.

Thanks,

--
Brian Hoort