[GLLUG] /boot on /dev/hda

Derek Engi engidere at msu.edu
Tue Jul 6 23:19:50 EDT 2004

At times, ive just not had a dedicated /boot partition, It's mainly for
reduncdancy, if something messes up on the boot partition, you can still
recover data.

As for dual booting, especially with newer distros, the need for a
seperate partition is less and less.  On my laptop, I have Windows Xp on
/dev/hda1, and fedora core on hda2 and swap on hda3.  At home, windows
on hda, fedora on hdb, and blank fat storage on hdc.  Works great.

Derek