[GLLUG] emerge freezing up and Good Anti-virus software

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 22:00:30 EDT 2004

This is an existing installation, and I'm ssh'ing into the computer then running emerge.
Thanks for the suggestion on the anti-virus, I'll check it out.

Seth
Alex Nelson <anelson at ansoftcomputing.com> wrote:
I am not sure about the portage problems you are having. Is this a new
installation or and existing one? Are you ssh'ing into the machine and
running emerge or trying to force emerge to use ssh to download the
builds?

To answer your second question, I use clamav. You can find it in portage
already.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

--
Alex Nelson
ANSoft Computing