[GLLUG] emerge freezing up and Good Anti-virus software

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 4 03:10:43 EDT 2004

This is being done through an ssh connection.

Output when I type in 'emerge sendmail':

www root # emerge sendmail
<cursor is here>

Just found this out, press control+c while the above is up and I get:

www root # emerge sendmail
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 278, in ?
    tmpsettings = portage.config(clone=portage.settings)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 1301, in __init__
    self.regenerate()
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 1392, in regenerate

self.configdict["auto"]["USE"]=autouse(db[root]["vartree"],use_cache=use_cac
he)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 1121, in autouse

myresult=dep_check(mydep,myvartree.dbapi,None,use="no",use_cache=use_cache)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 3309, in dep_check
    mylist=flatten(dep_listcleanup(dep_zapdeps(mysplit,mysplit2)))
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 3052, in dep_zapdeps
    myresult=dep_zapdeps(unreduced[x],reduced[x])
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 3038, in dep_zapdeps
    elif myportapi.match(x):
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 4714, in match
    return self.xmatch("match-visible",mydep)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 4701, in xmatch

myval=match_from_list(mydep,self.xmatch("list-visible",None,mydep,mykey))
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 4687, in xmatch
    myval=self.gvisible(self.visible(self.cp_list(mykey)))
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 4782, in gvisible
    myaux=db["/"]["porttree"].dbapi.aux_get(mycpv, ["KEYWORDS"])
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 4545, in aux_get
    mylock = lockfile(mydbkey,unlinkfile=1)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py", line 89, in lockfile
    fcntl.flock(myfd,fcntl.LOCK_EX)
KeyboardInterrupt
www root #

end output.