[GLLUG] Portal/CMS/Web site builder

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Fri Mar 19 09:55:11 EST 2004

Dear luggers,

I'm wondering if you know about a project that allows a CMS system to
create web sites without users having to know HTML.  I'm talking about
WYSIWYG textarea fields, but wizard based page building like tripod.com

We have an in-house software that does some of it, but I'd like to look
at other projects.  This does not have to be even open source.

I've looked at drupal, postnuke, phpnuke, Novell portal, blackboard
portal, mamboserver ...

We don't want users to have HTML access or WYSIWYG to prevent creation
of ugly pages.  As long as we provide the template, or many to choose
from, we hope that updating content in strict text form will do the
trick.

help.

Sincerely,

Szymon Machajewski MCSD, CNA, MySQL Core
Grand Rapids Community College

Open Sourceror