[GLLUG] Couple of questions regarding incoming internet traffic

Seth Bembeneck sbdataspiller at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 1 10:54:16 EDT 2004

How do I go about setting up a router in gentoo that blocks all ports except
for the ones I want and forwards the allowed ports to the different ip
addresses?

What I would like to do is to route a range of ports from my LinkSys router
to the gentoo router, which from there sends it to the respective computers.

Also, Is it possible to have apache send incoming traffic to a different
server? For example, I want to set up a second web server (web1). I would
like somedomain.com to be hosted on web1. But when people type in
somdomain.com they are sent to my main server. Can my main server forward
them to web1?

My problem is that I have only public ip address, so to have some one sent
to a different web server they would have to specify a port which I could
then route to web1.

I hope I'm not confusing any one here.

Thanks,

Seth Bembeneck