[GLLUG] Topic Suggestion

Chris Strandt strandtc at liquidweb.com
Tue Oct 12 15:54:29 EDT 2004

I have made a suggestion to Charles in relation to a meeting suggestion,
and nothing so far has come of it.  I'm emailing the list as a whole to
get an idea if there is interest.

Liquid Web Inc would like to host a LUG meeting.. providing tours of our
facility and/or presenting material about our operations/use of Linux.

Liquid Web Inc has been in the webhosting industry since 1997 and we own
and operate a datacenter in Lansing, MI (4210 S. Creyts Rd).  Our
company started on Linux, and continues to use it as our operating
system of choice.  We have over 400 Linux servers in our datacenter, and
that number continues to grow.

We have just recently signed a lease on additional office space which
would be perfect to host a meeting which is a short walk (200 feet?)
from our current office space and datacenter.  We would like to offer
the space and our facilities (lcd projector, internet connection, etc)
for a future meeting.

If anyone is interested, we can set something up.  Ideas are welcome as
to what should be presented.  We can talk about datacenter design
(cooling, power, etc), network hardware and design, open source tools we
use (rsync, mrtg, nagios, apache, exim, various spam tools, etc, etc),
or various other aspects of linux administration (raid configuration,
kickstart, service monitoring, etc).

Thanks,
-Chris Strandt
Liquid Web Inc.