[GLLUG] Call for presentations

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Wed Sep 1 01:14:34 EDT 2004

A few days ago, I sent out a message detailing a little bit about what's
gone on behind the scenes of the group in the last few months during the
brief respite. The upcoming meeting tomorrow (Thursday, September 2nd)
will hopefully bring it all out into the open for all to discuss and
decide. To help meet our goals of making our new weekly meetings a
success, we need presenters. A lot of them.

Ever wanted to get up in front of a group of similar-minded geeks and
curious individuals and tell them all about your favorite pet technology?
Great! Let us know! Pass the word along to anyone else who might be
interested in delivering a speech or demonstration too. No reasonable
offer refused! We are open to any pretty much any topic you might have as
long as it fits in somehow with Linux, Unix, networking, technology, or
open-source software.

Would you like to give a presentation, but are not sure what topic you'd
like speak about? There are sources all over the net that you can pull
ideas from, such as other LUG sites, conference panel listings, HOWTOs,
even open-source software directories. There must be something out there
that really drives you to use (or consider using) open source software or
you wouldn't be subscribed to this list, now would you?

Once you've got your killer presentation figured out, go ahead and fire
off a quick message to dincht at securenym.net with at least the following
information:

- Your name (if not obvious in the From header)
- A rough timeframe in which you'd like to give your presentation
- A short title
- A concise description

The following are a couple of upcoming presentations.