[GLLUG] CVS newbie

Mark Szidik/mlc SzidikM at mlcnet.org
Thu Sep 9 17:17:01 EDT 2004

I am new to CVS, I want to use it in a bit of a less traditional way - for
tracking website changes.   Does anyone do that?  What I am confused about
is where the web server should look to for it's copy of the site.  Does it
look in the CVROOT's repository location?  That seems to make sense to me
since any updates to the repository will get to the website immediately.
Or does it work better to occasionally checkout the site to the location
where the web server looks for the files?

Thanks,
---
Mark Szidik
Michigan Library Consortium
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1,  Lansing, MI 48910-3657
Ph:800.530.9019 x17   Fax:517.394.2096
MLC - Partnerships. Solutions. Excellence.