[GLLUG] Purchasing Server Hardware

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Tue Sep 14 12:37:21 EDT 2004

Lest ye not forget the obvious retailers.
www.sun.com
www.ibm.com

Both sell x86 crap, and much nicer hardware..both have "blade" systems.
They both have tiered pricing structures..so you might not have to pay
list.

I still personally like Apples Hardware, but most of the people that were
running Linux on the Macs switched to OS X. Although IBM is still pushing
Linux on PPC with it's blade servers that use the "G5", and Power4
series..