[GLLUG] Re: dwl-120e (chipset) & Slackware

Chick Tower c.tower at express56.com
Sat Sep 18 01:07:31 EDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004, Pedro Wald wrote:
> I have a usb-wireless device nominated dwl-120E, I guess for what I have
> read the chipset is the AT76c503a. I am going to test it on my distro
> (slackware with kernel 2.4.22). I have host enabled and operational. I
> would like to know if anyone has had any experience with such adapter or
> any issues. I believe it needs usb-uhci, uhci, ehci. Has anyone used the
> Kismet with such device? Any further instructions/input would be greatly
> appreciated.

I don't mean to sound snippy, Pedro, but you might find better answers for
you, a Slackware user, in the newsgroup alt.os.linux.slackware.  It's pretty
active.  However, be prepared for flames if you haven't already researched
this, or if you aren't able to ask very specific questions.  (You might even
want to lurk for a few days to read the FAQs about asking questions.)  In
addition to searching the Web for your hardware with your favorite search
engine, you could search the a.o.l.s Usenet archive at (all one line)

http://groups.google.com/
groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.os.linux.slackware

to see if someone else has already addressed your problem(s).

                              Chick