[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, September 23

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Wed Sep 22 18:38:37 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Adam McDougall wrote:

> How much disk space do you have?  Do you need/want more?
> Are you familiar with Solaris installations or do you need
> help with the whole thing?  (A decent sized install will
> probably take a while...)

I think an everything install is around 1.2G, and 800-900M for one with
the developer headers and around 600M for the basic install and 400
without the GUI. I MAY be getting mixed up with Solaris 8 too so don't
take that as gospel.

It might be faster to set up a jumpstart server. I think the cd-rom drive
in those (i assume it has one?) is only like 2-4x and the built-in network
card should be 10BaseT.

I unfortunately don't have a sun box at home, so I can't set one up
tonight.