[GLLUG] cvs/subversion/arch/bitkeeper

Scott Harrison harris41 at msu.edu
Sat Sep 25 11:00:40 EDT 2004

Hi:

A recent thread ran on this list about cvs and subversion.

While many on this list already read slashdot, I thought
I would mention a recent slashdot thread on arch
(a third open source alternative to cvs and subversion).

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/04/09/24/1926208.shtml?tid=156&tid=8

It is a discussion over arch's creator's (Tom Lord)
interview
http://osdir.com/Article1687.phtml

Also, Larry McVoy of BitKeeper chimed in:
http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=123076&threshold=1&commentsort=0&tid=156&tid=8&mode=thread&cid=10346048
and I thought he had some interesting points
concerning the commercial versus freeware
trade-offs w.r.t software development.

I myself have been happily using subversion
since at least version 0.6 (and it's version 1+ now).

Regards,
Scott

--
Scott Harrison <harris41 at msu.edu>