[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, September 30

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Tue Sep 28 14:53:56 EDT 2004

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at Atmosphere
Annealing in Lansing at 6:00PM. See the GLLUG website at
http://www.gllug.org for directions. Daemons are welcome.

Agenda: LPI Certification Training

Want to learn about Linux but aren't sure where to start? Or would you
like to bone up on your Linux mastery so you can ace the Linux
Professional Institute certification exam? The GLLUG LPI certification
training sessions may be the answer. While we don't provide the exam
itself, we do present material straight out of IBM's DeveloperWorks LPI
study guides so you will have all of the knowledge you'll need to run
your own Linux machines in confidence and maybe even pass the LPI exam
if you choose to take it. We'll have experienced LUG members there to
teach the material and answer your questions in way too much detail and
to top it off, these sessions are FREE.

The topics for this session are:
 - Introducing the shell
 - Using Linux commands
 - Creating links and removing files
 - Introducing wildcards
 - Linux resources
 - Bash by example (programming the shell)
 - vi intro: the cheat sheet method tutorial
 - Technical FAQ for Linux users

Come out and learn a thing or two!

--
http://bityard.net