[GLLUG] Service support software]

Perry_rg peregryn2356 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 15:27:02 EDT 2005

Eric,

I would also suggest going to the http://www.sourceforge.net/  home page and doing a search on the terms: trouble ticket management.  There are a number of interesting looking listings that might meet your needs, depending on the specifics of what you are looking for.

Here is one listing that was specific to trouble tickets and tracking computer hardware & software:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/irm/

"IRM (Information Resource Manager) is a Web-based asset tracking and trouble ticketing system built for IT departments and helpdesks. It keeps detailed information, both hardware and software, about each computer and network device in your organisation, as well as a complete history."

There were also a couple of listings for website content management software packages that I want to check into further, and that other folks on this list might be interested in as well:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xoops/

"XOOPS is a dynamic web content management system written in PHP for the MySQL database. It's object orientation makes it an ideal tool for developing small to large community websites, intra company and corporate portals, weblogs and much more."

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpwebsite/

"Developed by the Web Technology Group at Appalachian State University, phpWebSite provides a complete web site content management system ( CMS ). All client output is XHTML 1.0 and meets the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative requirements."

Perry Godwin
Thelema Networks
P.O. Box 25005
Lansing, MI 48909-5005
Tel: 517-485-2544
Email: peregryn2356 at yahoo.com

Jason Green <greenja6 at msu.edu> wrote:
I haven't used this, but TuxShop looks promising. Simple point of sale
system with client management. SQL based, GPL'd, cross-platform.
http://tuxshop.sourceforge.net/features.php