[GLLUG] DD and Loopback

Michael Harrington HarringM at michigan.gov
Thu Aug 4 11:37:09 EDT 2005

Greetings all-

If I might beg your indulgence in a small conundrum I have...

I have a dd image(physical not logical) of a 40 gb drive residing on a FAT32 partition split into 2GB chunks.  I need to mount the image using the loopback device. however with the 2GB file size limit on FAT32 I can't cat the image chunks into a total 40gb file...is there a way to associate each of these segments to a loopback device(20 in all) and then mount the total?

I've been googling all moring to no avail....

Thanks in advance

Mike