[GLLUG] Meeting Thursday, August 11

Charles Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Wed Aug 10 23:38:29 EDT 2005

Another weekly GLLUG meeting is scheduled to be held at the Gone Wired
cybercafe in Lansing at 6:00PM. Gone Wired is at 2021 E Michigan Ave in
Lansing on the north side of the street between N Clemens and Fairview
avenues. Here is a map with the (approximate) location:

http://tinyurl.com/7mh2w

We typically meet in the back portion of the cafe on the lower level.
Venue website: http://www.gonewiredlansing.com/

Agenda: Er, wait... agenda? Hmm...

Last week was supposed to be for working on the Penguicon Linux terminal
server, but it was readily evident that installing software on a Gentoo
box doesn't really lend itself well to a group activity.

There's more to do, though. In particular, I'll be asking for volunteers
to help put together demos, lend hardware, or volunteer their time at
Penguicon. We could use the following:

- A volunteer to run a possible installfest panel
- People to dream up, design, and create stand-alone "demos" of open
source software. (Details at the meeting.)
- People to help setup, admin, and watch over the computer lounge.
- Donations (really, lending) of hardware. In particular, one or two
high-speed switches (w/ 1GB uplink) and a WiFi AP would be excellent.
(We probably will not need the AP, but I want to be prepared.)
- On the off-chance that someone has about 2-dozen 25-foot cat5 patch
cables, those would be worth their weight in gold. (Even though we can
only borrow them.)

In the likely event that all this discussion is over with before the
pizza's gone, we can spend the rest of the evening in Q&A and General
Banter mode.

Please take a moment to RSVP if you plan to attend this meeting so that
we can get a general idea of how many will show up. Just reply to this
message (with the GLLUG list address in the "To:" field) indicating
your desire to attend and/or change the message Subject to "RSVP".
Thanks!

--
http://bityard.net