[GLLUG] apache 1.3

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 11:45:48 EST 2005

umm... right now my problem is I seem to be blocking apache with Iptables.
I've posted <http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2983253.html#2983253> on
my distro's forum. here's a copy of my firewall script.

#!/bin/bash
IPTABLES='/sbin/iptables'

# flush rules and delete chains

$IPTABLES -F
$IPTABLES -X
#                                                                       RULE

$IPTABLES -P INPUT DROP                                                 #1

# SSH server
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT                  #2

#allow access to the HTTP Server
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT                  #3
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT

# allow access to samba (netbios)
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol udp --dport 137 -j ACCEPT                 #4
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol udp --dport 138 -j ACCEPT                 #5
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT                 #6

# allow access to instant messangers
# MSN messenger
#line 1 is the messenger line 2 is file transfer
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 1863 -j ACCEPT                #7
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 6891 -j ACCEPT                #8
#
# AIM line 1 is the messenger
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 5190 -j ACCEPT                #9
#
# Yahoo Messenger
# line 1 is the messenger line 2 is file transfer
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 5050 -j ACCEPT                #10
$IPTABLES -A INPUT --protocol tcp --dport 4443 -j ACCEPT                #11

# accept loopback connections
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i lo -s 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT                         #12

# accept related and established packets
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT#13

# accept rcsync
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i eth0 --protocol tcp --dport 873 -j ACCEPT         #14
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i eth0 --protocol udp --dport 873 -j ACCEPT         #15

# accept Limewire
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i eth0 --protocol tcp --dport 6346 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i eth0 --protocol udp --dport 6346 -j ACCEPT

# block invalid packets
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -m state --state INVALID -j DROP                     #16

other than that I just need the basics of serving a simple page I think. for
the test... after the test I'm going to focus on learning apache 2.

--
The 10 commandments of Network Administration (www.newsforge.org)
I. Thou shalt make regular and complete backups