[GLLUG] Distribution for new users coming from Windows?

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sat Feb 19 09:16:39 EST 2005

I'm also going to put in my recommendation for Ubuntu. The Gnome desktop
thing will throw a few people, but once they get over that it's pretty
slick, especially for the person who just needs to edit document, email
and web.  It has a Live CD which is great for letting people take a
trial run.  I found that the Live CD would be entirely appropriate for
the typical office user, and can be tried without making any commitment
to changing your operating system.  I gave it a whirl by handing it over
to my family, and they took to it without any problems at all.

Clay