[GLLUG] RE: linux-user Digest, Vol 21, Issue 11

Lachniet, Mark mlachniet at sequoianet.com
Fri Jan 21 07:34:59 EST 2005

Its hardly an open source option, but I use a PIX501 firewall with IPSEC VPN.   Good client support, well designed.  You can pick one up for < $400

Mark
A friend of mine runs a small biz out of his home.  There are 4 full time
employees, I think.  He's very mobile, and uses his laptop frequently from
other locations with high-speed access.  He wants to be able to run a
certain app that you have to connect to a server for.  I believe this calls
for VPN, no?  (They are running all Windows PCs).

I'm trying to hash-out our options.  I know one is to setup a Linux server
and setup SWAN or whatever VPN.  I want to know what my other options are
as well before I make a pitch.